About

Parksville-Qualicum Fish & Game Association has a wonderful history of conservation in the Oceanside area and beyond and continues to protect our local environment and promote sustainable outdoor recreation for all members of our community.

Club History

Some significant events in our history:

1912
First recorded mention of the club in action against commercial fishing in Englishman River.

1930’s
Club members guide and assist Fisheries Officers to stock Vancouver Island lakes with trout.

1940’s
The Qualicum club was formed.
For several years the Parksville club hosts the National Gun Dog Championship with over 2500 attendees.

1950’s
The club initiated the local Salmon Derby.
The club worked with local authorities to close the beaches to duck hunting.
Responsibility for the annual Brant count was undertaken by the club.

1960’s
The first local Search and Rescue Group was formed by club members.
Construction of the Dorman Range facility began.

1970’s
The rifle range at Chattell Road,subsequently renamed The Henry Range,was built.

1980’s
The Parksville and Qualicum clubs merged and a new constitution was adopted.
Custodial duties for the Peace Abide Nature Park were assumed by the club.
The Beach Creek Restoration Project was completed.
The Marion Baker Salmon Hatchery was officially opened.

1990’s
The French Creek Harbour Management Authority was established with one board member appointed from the club. Our representative is currently the president of the Harbour Authority.
Major improvements were made at both ranges to keep in step with rapidly changing firearms regulations.

As the new century unfolds, the club intends to continue its support of outdoor sports and to take on more and larger conservation projects.

Below you will find the link to  our  new constitution and by-laws approved by special resolution on Feb 28, 2017 and duly certified as received by BC Societies Registry.

Transition Documents_Constitution

 

2017 New ByLaws PQFGA

2017 New Constitution PQFGA