The Youth Shooters meet every 1st and 3rd Sunday at 10 a.m. at Henry Rifle Range, and anybody interested is welcome.
- Safety is the number 1 concern. All shoots are supervised by certified coaches.
- Before his or her first shoot, the novice must attend an orientation session on firearms safety.
- The club will supply rifles and ammunition.
- The cost is $2.00 per shoot which includes one box of ammunition and liability insurance.
- Paper targets are used at a range of 25 yards.
- Shooting is under the auspices of the Shooting Federation of Canada. Shooters progress from Beginner through Intermediate, Sharpshooter, Marksman, Expert to Master. They earn a new badge at each level.
- Postal Shoots are held periodically. This is a system whereby targets are mailed to a central location and judged against targets from all across Canada. This gives the young people experience on a national level at an early age.