Nanoose Archery Range:
This email contains important information that you will require to shoot at the Nanoose Range this coming year. There are many changes required to allow us to shoot using Covid-19 protocols. Please remember as these protocols are being changed now and again so will the club rules be adjusted. I am sure we will also see changes made as we as shooters get more efficient at how we shoot at the range.
Opening will be September 14th. As in the past we will shoot on Monday and Wednesday. New is that there will be 2 separate and distinct shooting sessions for each night. The early session will be from 6:00 to 6:45. The later session will be from 7:10 until 8:00. Please note there will be limit numbers of shooters at each time (10) and slots will be filled on a first come, first served basis, pre booking is required…..no drop ins at this time, if you arrive without booking and there is no available slot you will not be participating.
Archers are encouraged to as much as possible set up equipment off site. The staging area behind the Waiting Line is to be used for setting up and taking down of equipment and for warm up and cool down routines. Everyone is required to maintain 2m of social distancing from others. To avoid any crowding archers are to leave as soon as possible after their shooting is done and come as close to their scheduled shooting time as possible.
Parking will continue to be at the rear of the building and the designated area towards the ocean. Everyone will keep 2m minimum between themselves and others in the parking lot and when accessing the building. Access to the range will remain the one designated/marked door. Archers should clear the door area as soon as possible to avoid crowding of others arriving or people trying to get out. Archers will exit via a different, marked door.
Until further notice, no porous equipment such as arm guards, finger tabs, or gloves will be loaned. Athletes will be responsible to provide their own. The club will sell finger tabs and arm guards to beginner archers while quantities last.
Archers will be required to purchase targets at the range (80 cm $5.00, 60 cm $2.00, all others $1.00, please bring correct change). Their target will be used by only that athlete while at the range. Archers will identify their targets, take them from the range and return with them for subsequent visits. Archers are encouraged to provide their own target pins, club pins will be used similarly to target faces if athletes cannot provide their own. Access to the equipment in the storage cabinets will be by designated club volunteers.
SCHEDULING, BOOKING, RECORD KEEPING
There is limited space at the range, 10 archers maximum for each shooting time period. All shooting must be pre-booked by way of email to firstname.lastname@example.org , no drop in shooters allowed at this time. Shooting positions will be assigned prior to the start of shooting. The number of shooters can be increased if there are folks shooting from a family or others living within a common Covid-19 bubble. Bookings will be open on the Thursday the week before the scheduled shoot date. If you are flexible in the time slot please indicate this in your request plus your preference.
All individuals entering the range including any volunteers, coaches, guardians, participants and officials will be screened for COVID-19. Screening will include visible and verbal checks of each individual and determining if the participants have travelled out of province or country within the last 14 days.
Archers name and contact information will be taken prior to shooting. This information is collected and kept for the purpose of allowing swift contact tracing by Health Authorities in the event of an outbreak that involves individuals that have used the range.
The personal information will not be used for any other purpose and will be destroyed when no longer required, after 30 days.
There are more details in the attached document. I ask for everyones patience as we work our way through these new procedures.
Have fun if you can….shoot strong
Two points for clarification:
- To pre-register just send email to this address ( email@example.com )with day and time (early 6:00 until 7:00 or late 7:00 until 8:00)
- When you arrive the gate will be closed, not locked. Please open gate, drive through and shut gate.
If you have any questions please give me a call.
Range Bookings are no longer required. Covid-19 separation is still in effect.
- RIFLE RANGE 100 yrd., now has a LIMIT OF 12 MEMBERS allowed in the building at any given time. This means no additional people can wait in the firing line building. Once someone leaves you may enter.
- PISTOL RANGE now can accommodate 7 members, and the same conditions as above.
- 50 YRD RANGE may now accommodate 5 members, and the same conditions as above.
The Range Committees and the Board of Directors are working continuously to ensure that we can get things back to normal operations, however we still must observe COVID-19 procedures and distancing recommendations.
Limited Re-Opening – Social Distancing Guidelines
Submitted by Bob Davenport
The Dorman Range will be re-opened for Trap and Skeet on the regularly scheduled days: Sundays from 10 a.m. and even-dated Wednesdays from 11 am. The following Regulations are to be followed to maintain the health and safety of our members and volunteers:
- Only current PQFG members will be allowed to shoot at this time.
- The club house and toilets will remain closed.
- Drive to the range in your own truck/car.
- Guns stay with your truck/car. Do not use gun racks.
- No shells will be sold.
- A table will be set up on club veranda for sign up. One person will be dedicated for sign up.
- On arriving at the club proceed to sign-in table while observing social distancing.
- Give your name, membership number, and phone number (for future contact if needed).
- You will be assigned to a squad. No picking and choosing whom you shoot with.
- The squad sheet will stay at the sign in table for record-keeping purposes and post-shoot paperwork.
- There will be no score keepers.
- There will be no Mics. A push/call button will be used. Gloves and hand sanitizer will be provided for each push/call button volunteer. A receptacle will be provided for used gloves.
- Only one person in trap house for filling trap machine. When leaving the house please wipe the control switches for the next volunteer. Gloves and hand sanitizer will be provided at the house for each volunteer. A receptacle will be provided for used gloves.
- When your squad number is called, proceed to the designated trap observing social distancing.
- Traveling from station 5 to station 1 use the 23 yard marker.
- Please pick up your OWN shells.
- After your shoot, you can go to the sign-in table and apply for another round and/or return to your truck/car.
- Help the lines to keep moving by being ready when your squad number is called.
- At the end of your shooting day, go to the sign in table and pay for your rounds.
- A box will be provided for payment at the sign in table.
- Exact cash is required i.e. $5.00 bills or personal cheque. No change will be given. This box will remain with the sign in person or in the safe until the next shoot then tallied with the squad sheets.
- No punch cards will be accepted at this time.
This is mainly written for Trap but can easily be interpreted for Skeet .
Please observe social distancing at all times while on club grounds, and please follow the above as these regulations are for our safety and shooting enjoyment. Failure to follow them may result in closure of the range.
Dorman Range Committee.