Henry Pistol Range
Pistol and .22 RifleLocated on Chattell Road, adjacent to the rifle range, this is a federally certified and licenced 30-metre range. The completely covered shooting position makes this an all weather range. Up to 10 shooters can be accommodated at one time.
Includes a three-position, steel-backed, reactive target range.
For after shoot bull sessions and lies about how many grains of powder were used, a small comfortable club room with coffee is available.
- To obtain access to the handgun range you must have purchased a current membership and have paid the yearly range fee of $35, which gives you a gate key.
- New PQFG members requesting a key for the Henry Range gate access need to be sponsored by a Henry Range key holder or the the Care Taker and produce a valid PAL.
- New range users must receive a range orientation from the the Care Taker.
- Non-members may use the range when accompanied and sponsored by a member who has paid the range fees (has a key).
- Guests of members/and members without keys attending the range with a key-holding member must purchase a daily range pass:
$20.00 non members
- Passes are available on site with instructions.
- Should no passes be available, please attend the resident on site (mobile home) and purchase them there.
Range scheduleWinter Hours September 14 to March 31
9:00 am to 4:30 pm. Summer Hours April 1st to September 15
9:00 am to 8:00 pm. Closures
- Easter Sunday
- Remembrance Day November 11
- Christmas Day
- 50 Yard Range closed every Thursday from 9:00am to noon for RCMP.
- Family .22 rifle shoot 1st Saturday of the month 10 am until noon (approx.). See shoot description below.
- A .22 Handgun Silhouette Shoot is held on the last Sunday of the month from 10 am till 1pm. See shoot description below.
- A duty pistol shoot is held the fourth Saturday of the month from 10 am till noon. See shoot description below.
- A black powder shoot is held on the 2nd Saturday of the month between 10am and noon.
Handgun Range Rules and Etiquette - Revised 2017
- All shooters must sign in the log book.
- THE RED FLAG MUST BE DISPLAYED WHEN RANGE IS ACTIVE.
- No alcohol or drugs.
- Respect the range property and clean up after yourself.
- No sustained rapid fire.
- All visitors or guests using a restricted or prohibited firearm(s) must be accompanied by a PQFG member with a range key.
- No exploding targets (tannerite, etc.)
- Guests must sign the log book with their day pass number.
- No centre-fire rifles allowed.
- Obey Range Officer. The first person on the range shall be the range officer. When they depart a new person shall be delegated.
- Eye & Ear protection is mandatory.
- Keep firearms pointed down range.
- Use approved targets only. Any targets other than paper must be placed in the steel pit. Use of glass, garbage, or rocks for targets is not permitted.
- Check the line and ask for permission to go forward.
- During a cease-fire, all shooters must stay behind the YELLOW line, except for setting up or checking targets.
- No handling any firearm when anyone is forward of the firing line.
- All firearms when not in use or during ceasefire shall be unloaded� actions open and magazines out. A loaded firearm has ammunition in either the breech or the magazine (if the magazine is attached to or inserted into the firearm�see Firearms Act regulations). The Range considers an encased firearm to be one which is either boxed or holstered.
- WHEN RED LIGHT IS ON, THE RANGE IS HOT (ACTIVE).