Henry Rifle Range
100 Yard Henry Rifle RangeNamed for Henry Estlin and Henry Jackson, both longtime club members who could both still hit the ten-ring at a ripe old age, this is a federally certified and licenced 100-yard range. Surrounded by high earth berms, the range floor is protected by anti-ricochet berms. The range is located at the intersection of Highways 19 and 19A on Chattell Road in Parksville, B.C.
- Rifle range access is acquired by the purchasing of a membership. After that is obtained, you must purchase a key for $35 for the calendar year (Jan 1st-Dec 31st) that will give you access to all ranges.
- New PQFG members requesting a key for the Henry Range gate access need to be sponsored by a Henry Range key holder or the Care Taker and produce a valid PAL.
- New range users must receive a range orientation from the the Care Taker.
- For those members that purchase a key, non-member guests may accompany them and are required to purchase a day range pass for $20.
- A day range pass for members without the range access key is $10.00. Members can gain access to the range by seeing the caretaker or by a member on site allowing access. A member must have a membership card to produce.
- Range passes with instructions should be on the range, if none are present, please attend the residence (mobile home) on site to purchase them.
Range scheduleWinter Hours September 14 to March 31
9:00 am to 4:30 pm. Summer Hours April 1st to September 15
9:00 am to 8:00 pm. Closures
- Easter Sunday
- Remembrance Day November 11
- Christmas Day
- 2nd and 4th Sundays: closed in the morning for Cadets
- 2nd Saturday morning closed for Precision Rimfire matches. Shoot descriptions below.
- 3rd Saturday morning closed for Military Shoot. Shoot description below.
- When a month has 5 Saturdays, the last Saturday is closed for black powder shooters between 10am and noon.
Rifle range rules and etiquette - Revised 2017
- All shooters must sign in the log book.
- No alcohol or drugs.
- Obey range officer. The first person on the range shall be the range officer. When they depart a new person shall be delegated.
- Eye & Ear protection is mandatory.
- No handguns.
- All firearms behind firing line to be cased or unloaded with actions open.
- During a cease-fire, all shooters must stay behind the YELLOW line, except for setting up or checking targets
- No handling any firearm when anyone is forward of the firing line.
- All firearms on firing line will have actions open and be made safe when anyone is ahead of the firing line.
- No firearms ahead of the firing line.
- Use proper targets - no glass, garbage, cans, plastic, shotshells, and rocks.
- Steel targets must stay inside steel pit.
- Do not affix targets to the ground baffles or directly onto structural components of our target frames.
- Staple targets onto cardboard, then affix the cardboard between target frame uprights.
- No exploding targets (Tannerite, etc.)
- No steel-core ammunition (Typically found in military surplus ammunition)
- Respect the range property and clean up after yourself.
- All firearms on firing line must be pointed down range.
- Shot Guns are NOT permitted
- No sustained rapid fire.
- Guests must sign the log book with their day pass number.
- WHEN THE RED LIGHT IS ON, THE RANGE IS HOT (ACTIVE)
- No .50 cal centre fire.
- Any unsafe acts or violations of posted range rules and etiquette will result in a loss of range privileges for a period of time.
The PQFG Military Fun ShootThis event is scheduled for every third Saturday morning from 10 to noon. It is shot with military type centre fire rifles, old and new (but mostly older style), and with open sights (no scopes). Twenty-five shots are fired at a military type target from various positions. Five extra points are awarded for wearing a helmet or a military headdress and another five for having an attached bayonet. Dressing up in military-style clothing is encouraged. A $3 fee is charged to cover the cost of targets, doughnuts, coffee, and the medals which are awarded at times for bravery in the line of fire. Don't forget about the Early Bird Specialty Shoot and the separate Sniper Shoot.
All shooters are welcome.
The PQFG .22 Rimfire 50 yard Precision Bench Rest MatchThis shooting event is scheduled for every second Saturday morning from 10 a.m. to 12 noon (check the website calendar for dates). All targets are provided, but a $3 fee is charged to cover costs.
- 100 rounds ammo needed
- iron sights at 50 yards, prone or bench, OR
- .22 scoped sporter rifles, bench OR
- .22 target rifles, bench
Black Powder Fun ShootThis shooting event is scheduled for the 5th Saturday morning (not every month) from 10 am to 12 pm at the Henry rifle range.
- This shoot is shot with muzzleloading rifles only.
- Twenty-five shots are fired at a set of targets.
- The targets and the line of fire vary from shoot to shoot to add variety to the shoot.
If you are into black powder shooting come out and join us. Dressing up in period haute-couture is highly encouraged.